New Relic is a software observability platform that aids in the development of better software. You can import data from any digital source to have a complete understanding of your system and how to improve it.
You can do the following with New Relic:
- Bring all your data together: With our agents, integrations, and APIs, you can instrument everything and import data from across your technology stack, all from a single UI.
- Examine your information: Find the fundamental causes of problems and enhance your systems by having all of your data at your fingertips. Use our sophisticated query language to create dashboards and charts.
- Quickly respond to incidents: Our machine learning technology finds and explains anomalies in real time, alerting you before they become problems.
What Is the Feature Inside It?
Real-time instrumentation and analytics that are simple to set up.
Engineers can immediately get up and running with visualizations that give opinionated insights on their applications, whether on-premise or in the cloud, across seven languages, thanks to New Relic’s SaaS approach, which eliminates the need for expensive hardware or costly custom dashboards.
Dashboarding and flexible instrumentation
To fulfil the unique needs of individual applications and industries, modern application teams want the flexibility to acquire more data. New Relic’s out-of-the-box data collection is supplemented by many options for adding custom instrumentation, include API calls to the agents from inside your source code, XML-based custom instrumentation modules that can be packaged with deployed apps, and UI-based instrumentation addition without deploying any code.
Assists engineers in making right decisions.
An APM system must be able to send information to application teams that directs them to the best solution for the problem at hand. New Relic may send out alerts based on any data received by the agents, from conventional metrics like response time to custom events. The ultimate goal, though, is to identify and resolve problems before they harm your clients. New Relic Applied Intelligence (NRAI) uses a variety of methodologies, including artificial intelligence and machine-learning algorithms, to help engineers find the most critical performance issues.
Establishes a link between program performance and end-user satisfaction.
From the frontend to the server side, modern application teams must examine the customer effect of performance at every level of the stack. Through real-user monitoring, synthetic monitoring, and mobile app performance analysis, the New Relic platform delivers comprehensive insights into the end-user experience to connect frontend performance to server-side performance.
Establishes a link between application and infrastructure performance.
Application health is becoming increasingly linked to the health of the underlying infrastructure as organizations migrate to dynamic infrastructure. The New Relic Health Map gives you a prioritized, high-density picture of your apps, together with a clear relationship to the infrastructure hosts on which they rely.
Transaction data that is rich and thorough.
New Relic agents count and measure each request using a variety of data types, including metrics, event data, transaction traces, SQL queries, and stack-trace details, to provide performance visibility down to the method level. In addition, New Relic Insight’s unique query language, NRQL, allows you to query and study data in real time.
On-demand diagnostic tools and real-time error analysis.
New Relic APM agents are well positioned to provide deep diagnostics and profiling since they run inside of apps. Engineers can save hours of manual investigation by slicing and dicing the problems detected in their apps over time.
DevOps tooling integration.
DevOps success necessitates a wide range of capabilities afforded by many tools, in addition to good monitoring and measurement. Popular incident-response tools (such as PagerDuty and Slack), key logging tools (such as Splunk and Sumo Logic), and popular configuration-management tools (such as Chef and Puppet) are all effortlessly integrated with New Relic APM.
Instrumentation of cloud services is number nine.
The cloud-based technology from New Relic allows you to effortlessly instrument your application at every stage. The agents capture extensive application performance data when your app migrates from on-premises to the cloud, and they also allow you to instrument essential cloud services like Amazon DynamoDB, all without requiring any additional configuration.
Everything is built to scale.
New Relic’s Software-as-a-Service architecture means you’ll never have to worry about procuring or deploying new servers for your monitoring to manage traffic surges, whether it’s Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Game Day, or Election Day.
Why Should You Use New Relic?
Because it has some benefits that can make your work a lot easier, such as:
- Software as a service (SaaS) — New Relic does not require any installation. It can be viewed at any time and from any location.
- Availability monitoring – You will have access to a lovely report that will clearly show you when there has been any downtime.
- Customer Error Recording – It will keep track of customer errors and generate a lovely graph for you. For each error, you can also examine the stack trace.
- Transaction tracing – You’ll be able to identify where the majority of your application’s time is spent.
- External Assistance Call recording – if you make calls to other services from within your app (for example, an HTTP request to a Twitter API), New Relic will track them as external calls. External services can often affect the performance of your app, especially if you make these calls in the middle of a process. New Relic can tell you which external calls are the slowest, which ones you call the most, and which ones respond the slowest on average.
- Scalability and Capacity Analysis – You can see right immediately how well your app is scaling, and you can perform load tests to check if it can handle the load. As your user base expands, you can track how long it takes for your application to respond and estimate when you’ll need to scale up.
Where Can You Get New Relic?
New Relic is a web-based audit that can be accessed very easily through your browser. It’s easy! All you have to do is open their official website this is one of their benefits. You’re able to access it anywhere, and at any time. You can use your PC, Laptop, IOS & Android as long as it is connected to the internet.
How to Use New Relic?
After you enter their official website, the first thing you want to do is Sign Up.
- To Sign Up you can just click the “Sign up” button on the top right corner of the website.
- They would ask you to filled the Name & your Current Email/your company email
- After that, you will receive an email from them to verified your Email
- The next step is making your own password
- Finally, they will ask you to organize your data.
- New Relic Synthetics – seems to be effective at monitoring certain URLs based on criteria.
- New Relic One – serves as a consolidated “hub” for all of our New Relic products, applications, and devices.
- New Relic Infra – Provided good insight into the infrastructure as well as the ability to create dashboards.
- Good UI; nice graphs that really help us grasp what’s going on.
- It’s simple to get around the tools.
- Nice alerts configuration, which makes it much easier to keep all members informed about issues.
- The learning curve is steep, and the website is slow.
- Filters can be tough to set up at times.
- An option in the browser might provide more information regarding JS errors.
- When alert management isn’t required, you have less control.
- When creating [an] warning in the past, the cognitive alert did not notice the difference in traffic between weekdays and weekends.
New Relic is an observability platform that helps you build better software. Many possibilities for adding custom instrumentation to New Relic’s out-of-the-box data gathering include API calls to the agents from within your source code, XML-based custom instrumentation modules that can be bundled with deployed apps, and UI-based instrumentation without deploying any code. The New Relic platform provides full insights into the end-user experience by connecting frontend performance to server-side performance through real-user monitoring, synthetic monitoring, and mobile app performance analysis.