Disable Comments would instantly allow or disallow comments from any post type in WordPress (Pages, Posts or Media) to stop the spammers and gain complete control over your full website. WP-CLI Support & Control comments via XML-RPC and REST-API too!
Allow or ban comments from any WordPress post type (Pages, Posts, or Media) to stop spammers and have complete control over your entire website. WP-CLI also supports XML-RPC and REST-API for commenting!
What are the Key Features inside Disable Comments?
- The Admin Menu and Admin Bar are both missing all “Comments” links;
- The WordPress Dashboard hides all comment-related elements (such as “Recent Comments,” “Discussion,” and so on).
- All comment-related widgets are deactivated (and so inaccessible to your theme);
- The options page for “Discussion” is hidden;
- All RSS/Atom feeds for comments have been blocked (and queries for these will be forwarded to the original post);
- All pages have the X-Pingback HTTP header deleted;
- Pingbacks from the outside are disabled.
- With only one click, you may remove all spam comments from the site.
- [New] Delete comments based on their type.
- [New] Using xml-RPC, disable comments.
What’s New with Disable Comments?
Amazing User-Friendly Interface
With an excellent and appealing app-like user interface, you can easily manage your comment-related settings.
WP-Cli Commands to Disable Comments
To disable comments on posts, pages, attachments, or your entire website, use WP-CLI control for comment-related settings.
Get Started with Quick Setup Wizard
After activating the plugin, use the rapid setup wizard to quickly customize comment-related settings for your WordPress website.
Disable Comments on Docs
With a single click, block comments on your documentation pages or WordPress knowledge base.
Delete Certain Comment Type(S)
Delete specific comment kinds, such as Woo Commerce product reviews and generic comments, from your WordPress website permanently.
Disable Comments VIA XML-RPC and REST API
Using the XML-RPC protocol and REST API, you can disable any comments placed on your WordPress website.
How to Install It?
Disable comments can be installed in two ways:
- Go to the “Add New Plugin” area of the WordPress Dashboard.
- Look for the term “disable comments.“
- Install, then Activate it. After you’ve installed it, you’ll need to activate it.
- The plugin settings can be found in the administration section under the ‘Settings‘ menu (either your site administration for single-site installs or your network administration for network installs).
- The plugin folder should be uploaded to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin in WordPress via the Plugins menu.
- The plugin settings can be found in the administration area (either your site administration for single-site installs, or your network administration for network installs) under the ‘Settings’ menu.
What Can It Do?
Take Global Control Over Your WordPress Site
Override all comment-related settings on your website and manage your comments exactly how you want them.
Disable Comments on Posts, Pages & Media
Choose which articles, pages, or media should allow site users to leave comments and set Disable Comments accordingly.
Disallow Comments on Multi-Site Network
Do you have a number of websites? Disable Comments Plugin helps you get rid of irrelevant comments across your whole network.
How to Turn on Disable Comments Functionality on Your Website?
To deactivate comments on your blog after installing the disable comments plugin, go to plugin settings and enable the main function.
How to Configure the Comments Setting?
- Go to ‘Settings’ from your dashboard.
- Select ‘Disable Comments’ from the drop-down menu.
- Configure the available options
How to Use It?
This is a really handy and powerful plugin. To be honest, turning comments on and off worldwide should have been incorporated into core ten years ago. For a decade, though, this plugin neatly and simply met that requirement. Another Disable Comments plugin was destroyed by a bloated update that made it unusable. Disable Comments RB is a similar plugin to the original. It’s basic and effective, with no unnecessary bloat. I’m migrating hundreds of sites to this new plugin.
Administrators can use this plugin to block comments across the board or for specific post types exclusively. It allows you to turn off comments altogether on your WordPress site. Disable Comments is a well-known and well-respected plugin that allows you to turn off all comments on your WordPress site with a single click.
- Booking Appointment
- Image Optimization
- Media Management