Site Kit by Google
The WordPress plugin Site Kit by Google was launched on November 1st, 2019, but it was first released as Site Kit as a developer preview at Word Camp EU in Berlin in June 2019.
Site Kit is a Google-approved WordPress plugin that provides information about how people find and use your site. Site Kit is a one-stop shop for deploying, managing, and analyzing essential Google resources to make your site a success on the web. It offers free access to authoritative, up-to-date perspectives from various Google products directly on the WordPress dashboard.
What are the Features Inside Site Kit?
Site Kit includes powerful features that make using these Google products seamless and flexible:
- Official stats from various Google tools, all in one dashboard
- Quick setup for multiple Google tools without having to change your site’s source code
- Easy-to-understand stats directly on your WordPress dashboard
- Easy-to-manage, granular permissions through WordPress and various Google items
- Metrics for the entire site and individual posts
What does Site Kit Google do?
You probably use Google services for analytics monitoring, performance checking, and other things if you run a website. Keeping track of them all can be difficult, which is why WordPress now has a plugin called Site Kit. You can add all of your favorite Google webmaster services to WordPress using the official Google Site Kit plugin. You’ll be able to access data from your WordPress dashboard, such as Google Analytics statistics, where applicable.
Site Kit shows key metrics and insights from different Google products:
- Analytica Google >> Examine how visitors access your platform and keep track of the goals you’ve set for them to achieve.
- Search Console by Google >> Learn how Google Search finds and shows your pages in its results. Keep track of how many people see your site in search results and what search query they used to find it.
- Insights on Page Speed >> Compare the performance of your pages to that of other real-world websites. Improve your results with Page Speed Insights’ practical advice.
- Google AdSense >> Keep track of how much money the website brings in.
- Tag Manager by Google >> Tag Manager can be easily set up with Site Kit, and no coding is needed. Then use Tag Manager to handle your tags.
- Improve >> No coding knowledge is needed to set up Optimize with Site Kit. Then, in Optimize, set up A/B checks.
All of this information is essential on a daily basis, and we as marketers must constantly turn tabs to see what’s going on with each of them, but the site kit makes this process a breeze.
How to use Google Site Kit with WordPress?
- Install and activate Google Site Kit
Google Site Kit is installed and enabled in the same way as every other WordPress plugin. If it’s turned on, you’ll be prompted to begin the setup process right away. To continue, click the Start Setup button.
- Verify ownership of your website and connect Search Console
Site Kit will ask you to sign in with your Google account after you start the setup wizard to verify ownership of your WordPress website. After that, you’ll need to grant a few permissions to Site Kit so it can access information about your website and your Google account. Allow each prompt to continue by clicking Allow. Google Site Kit will automatically integrate your WordPress site if you’ve already linked it to Search Console. You’ll be asked to set it up if you don’t. Google will take care of the rest once you click the Add site button. After that, you’ll be able to use the plugin.
- Integrate your preferred Google services
You must integrate Search Console with WordPress to use Google Site Kit, but once you’ve completed the setup wizard, you can choose which services you want to use. The plugin gives you links to connect AdSense, Analytics, and Page Speed Insights right away.
If you’d rather not set up additional services right now, you can always go to Site Kit > Settings > Connect More Services later. You’ll need to confirm which account you want to use for each additional service, as well as approve a list of Site Kit permissions. You can also link your site to new resources directly from your dashboard if appropriate. It just takes a few clicks and is much easier than manually entering a tracking code.
- View your dashboard and reports
Google Site Kit can view data in a variety of ways. First, go to Site Kit > Dashboard to get a quick rundown of all your services. Site Kit needs to collect data for a while before it can show you some numbers for services like Search Console and Google Analytics. We also linked Page Speed Insights to show you how the results are displayed in the dashboard.
You also have the option of viewing different reports for each of your services. Each will have its own tab in your WordPress sidebar under Site Kit. These summaries have a little more information than the dashboard. You can also filter by individual pages on your site, such as viewing only the statistics for a single blog post or checking the traffic speed of a single page.
How to Setup and Setting Site Kit?
What is the Benefits of Using Site Kit Plugin?
The Site Kit plugin has a number of advantages, the most important of which is simplicity. Since you must log in to each account separately, collecting data from different consoles requires a lot of time and effort. Your WordPress dashboard becomes a one-stop shop for information on site traffic, results, interaction, and more with Site Kit.
Web Kit is a plugin that prevents the site from crashing by not requiring source editing. You may delegate roles to users and restrict access to them. The Site Kit includes Google Optimize and Tag Manager, in addition to Analytics, Search Console, Page Speed Insight, and Ad Sense. In addition, Google promised to add more tools in the coming days at the Site Kit launch in Berlin Word Camp EU.
Is Site Kit by Google Can be Benefit Developer?
- It Reduces the Number of Plugins You Need on Your Client Sites
Too many plugins on your WordPress sites can cause a slew of problems, including increased security and compatibility risks, as well as slower loading times. As a result, the less you have, the better.
As a developer, one of the advantages of using Site Kit is that it removes the need for several plugins for each of the Google tools and products you use. You won’t have to worry about an overabundance of extensions dragging down your clients’ websites if you consolidate them.
- Site Kit Saves You Time and Streamlines Your Workflow
Site Kit will help you become more productive as a developer by streamlining your workflow in a variety of ways. We just spoke about how it gets rid of the need for several plugins. In this way, it saves you time by removing the need to manage a larger number of updates.
- You Can Easily Identify Opportunities to Improve the Performance of Your Clients’ Websites
Google Site Kit comes with all of the necessary metrics and analytics you’ll need to keep track of and manage some of your client’s most critical WordPress tasks. SEO reports, page speed results, and PPC campaigns are all examples of this.
You can select which services you want to integrate with WordPress after you install and set it up. Assume you decide to add Page Speed Insights, a common and effective tool for improving the efficiency of your clients’ websites.
- It Increases Transparency to Improve Customer Satisfaction
As a WordPress creator, you’re probably well aware of the value of maintaining open lines of communication with your clients. Your customers would be more likely to trust you and enjoy the value of your product if you are transparent.
Fortunately, Site Kit’s data and insights make maintaining the degree of openness with your customers much easier. It can do so by providing advanced reporting and notifying WordPress administrators whenever a milestone is hit.
- Site Kit by Google (WordPress Plugin): 6 Reasons Why You Must Have It
- How to Use the Google Site Kit WordPress Plugin (Full Tutorial)
- 4 Ways Google Site Kit Can Benefit Developers
- Site Kit By Google, A Complete WordPress Website Solution
- Booking Appointment
- Image Optimization
- Media Management